FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS / CATASTROPHIC INJURY
Legal Questions & Answers About Catastrophic Injury
How much does it cost to hire an injury lawyer?
We take cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning no retainer is required up front and no out-of-pocket costs to you as the case progresses. We are only paid in the event we recover a settlement or receive an award from the opposing party upon resolution of the claim.
What can I do to help my attorney?
Record your daily activities for the first few weeks (defined as physical, emotional, recreational and social activities) in addition to any inconveniences you may have experienced while conducting them. Did you miss church? Did you have to stop working out? Are you unable to go grocery shopping? Are you unable to be social with friends and family because you cannot sit or stand for long periods of time? Accidents can cause stress and anxiety causing difficulty in remembering crucial facts. It is best to write down information immediately so important facts are not missed. Our attorneys will want to review your journal with you so we have a clear understanding of what you experienced.
How long will it take for my case to settle?
This depends on the extent of your injuries. It is common practice to wait until treatment is complete so you can be compensated for the full extent of your injuries. As it is difficult to tell how long an injury may last, the case settlement time period is unique to every case.
- I’ve just been in a car accident. What do I do now?
- What do you need from me to file a claim?
- When should I seek medical help?
- What can I do to help my attorney?
- My accident has limited my mobility. Can you send someone to me?
- How much is my auto accident claim worth?
- The insurance companies are asking me to sign paperwork, what do I do?
- Do I need pictures of the accident?
- What do I do with my witness information?
- I don’t have motorcycle insurance. Can I still file a claim for my motorcycle accident?
- My police report is wrong. What do I do?
- I heard jurors have a prejudice against motorcycle riders, is this true?
- How long will it take for my case to settle?
- How do I get started in my claim?
800 S. Gay Street
Knoxville, TN 37929
518 Monroe St.
Nashville, TN 37208
19 N. Main St.
Madisonville, KY 42431
1000 Highland Colony Pkwy
Ridgeland, MS 39157
201 Alhambra Circle, Suite 1100
Coral Gables, FL 33134