FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS / PERSONAL INJURY
Legal Questions & Answers About Personal Injury
What Are The Common Types of Personal Injury Claims?
Slipping, Falling, Tripping – these types of accidents occur fairly often and can happen on residential, commercial, or government property. In some instances, the property owner may be held responsible for your injuries if the accident occurred because of a dangerous condition such as poor lighting, a wet floor, torn carpeting, snow and ice, etc. that the owner knew about but failed to remedy, thereby exposing the injured victim to undue risk.
Dog Bites and Animal Attacks – In Tennessee state, a dog owner may be held liable if their dog causes injury, regardless of whether the owner felt their dog was dangerous or not.
Nursing Home Abuse – Many cases of abuse in nursing homes go unreported, making it difficult to get a handle on the epidemic. We encourage you to come forward if you suspect any sign of abuse of your loved one. Our seniors are vulnerable and frail and it is our duty to protect those who cannot care for themselves. Some common instances of abuse include physical or sexual; or negligence in day-to-day care taking activities that result in malnutrition, dehydration, preventable accidents, inadequate sanitation and hygiene, inadequate medical care and bed sores.
Premises Liability – Property owners can be held responsible for unsafe conditions such as a porch or deck that collapses, escalator injuries, inadequate building security, swimming pool accidents, amusement park accidents, fires, water leaks, flooding, toxic fumes or chemicals that result in injury, and more.
Watercraft Injuries – Accidents that occur while on a cruise ship, boat or personal watercraft can also be a result of someone’s negligence as the owner / operator may be subject to certain licensing and safety requirements as well held liable for accidents caused by operator error and intoxication.
How Will Your Personal Injury Attorneys Will Handle My Case?
- Listen: Every story is as unique as the client. Tell us your experience and we will tailor a case around your individual situation and your needs.
- Collect Evidence: This includes accident reports, witness accounts, medical reports, and any subpoenaed documentation.
- File a Claim: This is the official court filing of your complaint and intent to seek just compensation from the negligent parties involved in the accident.
- Represent Your Best Interests: This includes seeking workers compensation in case you were on the clock at the time of the accident and also further compensation for post accident care.
- Seek Justice: Justice includes making sure that the negligent party is properly punished for their actions. Particularly for drunk driving or driving recklessly such as speeding.
- Seek Compensation: We will negotiate with the negligent individual(s) and their insurance company(s) to secure proper compensation including:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Quality of life compensation
- Extended care compensation
- Wage garnishments (if needed)
- Further Needs: Our legal services don’t end with your case. If you have further needs we keep your information on file and enjoy retaining a relationship with our clients and their families.
- I’ve just been in a car accident. What do I do now?
- What do you need from me to file a claim?
- When should I seek medical help?
- What can I do to help my attorney?
- My accident has limited my mobility. Can you send someone to me?
- How much is my auto accident claim worth?
- The insurance companies are asking me to sign paperwork, what do I do?
- Do I need pictures of the accident?
- What do I do with my witness information?
- I don’t have motorcycle insurance. Can I still file a claim for my motorcycle accident?
- My police report is wrong. What do I do?
- I heard jurors have a prejudice against motorcycle riders, is this true?
- How long will it take for my case to settle?
- How do I get started in my claim?
800 S. Gay Street
Knoxville, TN 37929
518 Monroe St.
Nashville, TN 37208
19 N. Main St.
Madisonville, KY 42431
1000 Highland Colony Pkwy
Ridgeland, MS 39157
201 Alhambra Circle, Suite 1100
Coral Gables, FL 33134