- 2019 – Lead counsel for a motorcyclist in Tennessee who suffered catastrophic injuries against a major transport company resulting in confidential settlement.
- 2017 – Lead counsel for a motorcyclist in Kentucky who suffered catastrophic injuries against a major transport company resulting in confidential settlement.
- 2016 – Lead counsel for a motorcyclist in Kentucky who suffered catastrophic injuries against a major transport company resulting in confidential settlement.
- 2016 – Lead counsel for a motorcyclist in Iowa who suffered catastrophic injuries against a major transport company resulting in confidential settlement.
- 2015 – Lead Counsel in Don McAfee, et., al. v Carol Lopatin, U.S. District Ct., Middle District of Missouri, Cause No. 2:14-cv-4209, a motorcycle injury case, resulting in a $73,336.82 jury verdict.
- Co-Lead Counsel for a client injured by the acts of a against a railroad company resulting in a confidential settlement.
- Lead Counsel in a products case where the design flaw of a shuttle car resulted in the death of a miner, resulting in a $625,000 settlement.
PREMISES LIABILITY DUE TO UNSAFE PROPERTY
2014 – Sutton, et al. v. The Federal Materials Company, Inc., et al, No. 07-CI-00007 (Ky. Cir. Ct) (Co-Lead Counsel; $10.1 million class settlement for owners of residential and commercial properties constructed with defective concrete).
- Lead Counsel in a products liability case against a cosmetic manufacturer
- 2016 – Lead Counsel for a group of individuals in a products liability case against a cosmetic manufacturer resulting in confidential settlement.
- Co-Lead Counsel for Staton v. IMI South, et al. (Ky. Cir. Ct.) Class settlement for approximately $30 million for repair and purchase of houses built with defective concrete.
- Counsel for recipients of a defective heart valve, leading to a worldwide settlement against the manufacturer. $165 million settlement.
Lead Counsel in a case involving negligent nursing supervision of intensive care monitoring, resulting in a confidential six figure settlement.
2019 – Lead counsel for the Estate of a woman against a physician in Tennessee who repeatedly failed to advise of cancerous findings she received in two different pathology reports, which was a substantial factor in her death. Confidential settlement.
- 2015 – Lead Counsel in Appalachian Land Company v EQT Supreme Court of Kentucky, 2013-SC-000598-CL changing the law in Kentucky regarding deduction of coal severance taxes in mineral leases in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- 2015 – Lead Counsel in Lawrence Holmes and Jason D. Myers v. Forrest “Ben” Waide and Liberty Rehabilitation PSC No. 13-CI-1193 (Hopkins (KY) Circuit Court), resulting in a $681,000 jury verdict.
- 2014 – Young, et al. v. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co, et al., No. 11-5015 (E.D. Ky.) (series of class actions against multiple insurance companies arising from unlawful collection of local taxes on premium payments; class certified and affirmed on appeal, 693 F.3d 532 (6th Cir., 2012); settlements with all defendants for 100% refund of taxes collected)
- 2013 – Co-lead Counsel on a three week jury trial in Madisonville, Kentucky resulting in a $1.39 million verdict in favor of a church and a business against two coal companies for causing subsidence to their properties
- 2012 – Nichols v. Progressive Direct Insurance Co., et al., No. 2:06cv146 (E.D. Ky.) (Class Counsel; class action arising from unlawful taxation of insurance premiums; statewide settlement with Safe Auto Insurance Company and creation of $2 million Settlement Fund; statewide settlement with Hartford Insurance Company and tax refunds of $1.75 million )
- Obtained million dollar judgments for various landowners throughout Kentucky who were victims of fraudulent mine royalty practices
- Co-counsel for a class of Kentucky residents overcharged for premium insurance taxes, resulting in settlements against insurance companies for several million dollars
- Co-Lead Counsel in the Pyro Mine Disaster that claimed the lives of 10 miners at the Williams Station Mine in Union County Kentucky. Confidential Settlements.
800 S. Gay Street
Knoxville, TN 37929
518 Monroe St.
Nashville, TN 37208
19 N. Main St.
Madisonville, KY 42431
1000 Highland Colony Pkwy
Ridgeland, MS 39157
201 Alhambra Circle, Suite 1100
Coral Gables, FL 33134